Small Kitchen design
One of the most common questions involves a small kitchen design and price for a small kitchen remodel. The cabinetry and countertop will obviously be smaller in a small size kitchen so obviously you will be saving some money on the products. However, the workload and the specialty trade workers or subs still have to perform their work. Most likely the job length will not be shortened by a week because you have 4 feet less of cabinets so the size of the kitchen isn't a major factor when kitchen remodelers determine the cost of the kitchen remodel in Los Angeles. As mentioned in other articles, the major factors on a kitchen remodeling prices are: cabinets type, countertop type and major changes in the layout.
You can still have a beautifully remodeled small kitchen with some tricks to make your kitchen look more spacious. Below are a few small kitchen ideas to increase the space.
Small Kitchen Design ideas
- Create an opening in a wall or remove it.
- Use bright colors for cabinets, counter and floor.
- In some cases you may be able to integrate the adjacent laundry area and the kitchen to create one bigger space.
- Use a mirrored backsplash to give the illusion of a bigger space.
- Build tall custom kitchen cabinets that meets the ceiling. This is one of the best ideas for a small kitchen. Not only does your eye line move upwards, but it allows you to fit more cabinet space in a small area without taking up room in your kitchen.
- If you’re really short on space, use a small kitchenette rather than a larger dining table piece. Also, use chairs without arms.
- Make use of cabinet space by stowing away your spices in a spice rack cabinet.
- Match your seating and kitchen island with the color of the walls to create a unification of the entire room.
- Open shelves creates a larger space. If you decide to use open cabinets place storage bins inside to add texture and color.
- Install skylights, this will really bright up a small kitchen.
- Find a nice focal point whether it be your backsplash or a decorative piece that will draw the attention. You can also use a bold window shade if the rest of the kitchen is.
- If you have a one-wall kitchen use open upper cabinets and use the space to store nice decorative items.
- Paint an accent wall to draw the attention to an area of the kitchen and give the illusion of a bigger space.
- Hang stylish lamps from the ceiling to not only take advantage of adding more style to your small kitchen, but to give your kitchen a distinctive and sophisticated look.
- A rolling storage cart will allow you to store more things without adding clutter to your kitchen.
Take these small kitchen remodel ideas and design your dream kitchen. Don't think you're limited by space just because you're working with a small kitchen remodel. Your kitchen remodeling contractor in Los Angeles will be able to give you ideas to turn your small kitchen design into something you'll be proud of. Whether you want a contemporary kitchen, modern kitchen or a traditional kitchen it can be done even within the restrictions of a small kitchen.
We are top rated kitchen remodelers and have been remodeling kitchens since 1997. We come with a lot of experience and knowledge. You'll be more than happy you chose us to be your kitchen remodeling contractors.